Ever since the resurrection of Jesus, His followers have gathered together on Sundays as an outpost of the kingdom that He has inaugurated and will one day bring to completion. Mount Hope Church is committed to assemble together every Lord’s Day to give praise to Jesus and be formed by His Word. Though Sunday worship isn’t all that we do, it is crucial to our life as a church community. On the first day of the week, we gather, are formed by God’s Word, and are sent out to represent Christ in our day to day callings throughout the week.
In our Sunday gathering, we seek to be driven by God’s Word as we exalt Christ and immerse ourselves in biblical truth. We believe that God creates and forms His people by His Word. Therefore, in our main gathering there are 5 elements we practice:
1. Hear the Word (from the call to worship, to Scripture readings, the text of the sermon, to the closing benediction; 1 Tim.4:13)
2. Sing the Word (songs that speak more of who God is and what He’s done for us than what we’ve done for him; Col.3:16)
3. Pray the Word (prayer from Scripture, in line with Scripture, and in response to Scripture; Acts 2:42, 1 Tim.2:1)
4. Preach the Word (an exposition of a biblical text where the main point of the sermon is that of the text; 2 Tim.4:2)
5. See the Word (sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are physical pictures of spiritual realities; Rom.6:1-4, 1 Cor.11:24)
Our gatherings are liturgical, but not lifeless; serious, but not somber; deep, yet still accessible. All are welcome. Come as you are.